I was asked a question the other day that took me back a little.
I was visiting a lady at her home and she said that she liked what we had talked about and the price was around what she was expecting and then she said ” If you were going to get quotations for blinds in Leicester who would you ring?”
I didn’t really know what to say, but then it dawned on me that I know quite a lot about the local blind companies in Leicester and I know which ones I would use and which I would avoid.
So I gave her the names of some of the companies in our local area that I would recommend she get round to give her a quote.
Then I thought this information would be useful for other people looking for blinds in Leicester and Leicestershire.
The companies that I would recommend are based on my knowledge of their company, their service and the quality of their products, and not based on price as I personally would never buy anything based on price alone.
- Karens Blinds 38 Kenilworth Drive, Oadby Telephone 0116 2717090. Karens have been establish a long time and manufacture many of the blinds they sell themselves. They are members of The British Blind and Shutter Association (which is something I would always recommend you look for)
- Shadewell Blinds 72 Trinty Lane, Hinckley Telephone 01455 238428. Shadewell are another company that have been around for a number of years. They have a large showroom which is always a good sign that they are a professional set up and are not a company or an agent working from their home
- Harborough Blinds 14 Harrod Drive, Market Harborough 01858 456419. They are a newer company compared to the other too. They are members of The Top 1% group of companies.
- Alpha Blinds 18 Pilings Road, Oakham 01572 724153. Again they are another company that has been around for a long time and they are also members of the BBSA. As mentioned in the comments for some of these companies membership of The British Blind and Shutter Association is something I rate very highly as I was on the management committee for an number of years and I what they have to go through just to become a member and with a very strict code of conduct that they have to adhere to.
BBSA Members have to:
- Been trading for a least 3 years
- Have all relevant business insurances
- Be financially stable
- Have an up to date Health and Safety policy
- To be up to speed with all the latest child safety legislation
The BBSA also a mediation service that gives any customers choosing to use a member some extra peace of mind knowing there is a third party that you could contact if you needed to.
Something else I would always recommend is visiting the showrooms of the companies you are considering using, you will get a really good feel for the type of company they are and you will get to see the quality of the products that they have.
I constantly amazed at how willing people are to hand over their hard earned money to someone who turns up at their door. I would always prefer to do a little homework before I have anything done in my home.
I hope this information is useful and which you the best of luck with your search for the right company for you.