Living in a disorganised home can be quite frustrating. One way to dodge this problem is by changing the appearance of your room. Installing blinds will always give you a great head start.
Before settling on a particular blind, you need to have insight regarding the wide variety of options available. The market today has various types of blinds. As such, without having a clear understanding as to which type of blind you would like, the process of settling on a particular type can be quite arduous.
Let us have a look at some of the common types of blinds and why you need them in your home.
Venetian blinds stand out as one of the most popular types of blinds. These blinds feature horizontal panels where one can open or close using a cord. Venetian blinds have the following benefits.
- They are easy to control. That is, you just have to tilt rod in order to adjust louvres in case you want light or privacy.
- It is easy to regulate light, thereby protecting the furniture in the house.
- They’re easy to wipe and clean given that all you need to have is a dry piece of cloth.
Roman blinds come in the form of deluxe headrail alongside a sidewinder and chain. When pulled, the fabric blinds fold together. They are completely solid in design. Their benefits include;
- Adding an aesthetic touch of class in the room.
- They help in chilly rooms. Since they are made from completely solid, no drafts can pass through them.
- They create a nice luxurious environment.
- They also block out sunlight, which can give you better sleep.
- They are easy to clean.
Just as the name suggests, these blinds are vertical in nature. They have a particular type of tilt, which is important for regulating light and controlling privacy. One of their benefits includes ease of cleaning. All you need is an upholstery attachment or baby wipes to get the job done. Since they’re perfect for all rooms, they don’t have any restrictions.
Wooden blinds are some of the trendiest types of blinds we have in the market today. They have horizontal slats where all they require is a cord for lifting and lowering the slats.
The advantages of wooden blinds include;
- Their versatility means that they’re perfect for a variety of rooms.
- Easy and quick to clean. All you need is a dry piece of cloth.
- Their wooden frame adds that authentic touch of class to your room.
- They’re lightweight and therefore easy to hang and lift.
- Wooden blinds are durable and the perfect blind for insulation.
Roller blinds are neat fabrics that wrap around the window rod. They’re an excellent choice because of the following.
- They do not require excess fabric.
- One has a wide range of fabrics to consider.
- They work well in all rooms.
- Roller blinds are not only durable, but they are also easy to operate.
In conclusion, all the blinds listed above have many benefits, some of which include enhancing privacy. Secondly, they’re energy efficient, which means that they help in cutting costs associated with energy bills. Blinds are a great investment when it comes to controlling lighting. Are child-safety features key for you? No worries. Here at Barlow Blinds, all of our blinds come with child-safety features. To find out more give us a call on 0116 366 0652 and if you have any questions or queries get in touch today.